Monday, May 16, 2011

Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Lash Booting Mascara Review

I was in need of a new mascara yesterday and since I had a $5 off coupon for any Physicians Formula product I picked up the Organic Wear Lash Booting mascara which is suppose to lengthen, volumize and define. What I really like about this mascara is it's all natural formula, so I think it would be excellent for sensitive eyes and contact wearers.

PF claims this mascara: moisturizes, contains natural antioxidants to shield lashes from environmental aggressors. 100% free of petroleum by products, parabens, GMO's, synthetic fragrances, polymers, preservatives, fibers and color pigments; and that it contains only 100% natural origin ingredients.



Wand straight out of the tube, you can see it's not fully coated so you have to swirl it around in the tube a bit


My Review:Right out of the tube the texture of it was just right, not too thick or too watery. A lot of times when I try a new mascara it's too watery and needs a few days to thicken up a little, not so with this one. The brush has plastic bristles and is on the thinner side, with most of the bulk being in the middle and then tapering towards both ends. I love the thinner brush because it lets you get really close to the base of the lashes. I really like how this formula doesn't give you stiff, brittle or dry lashes. My lashes feel soft and look naturally dark, long and full. I haven't noticed and clumping, smudging or flaking with this and I don't need to use a lash comb after application because the brush is separating and defining just like it claims to be.




Overall, I'm quite impressed with it and I would definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: I have used this mascara for about 2 months now and while I still do love this mascara, It does smudge. After a few hours of wear I noticed that it will be a little dark under my lower lash line and I don't apply mascara to my lower lashes or rub my eyes. Im guessing that it flakes and since it only takes the slightest bit of moisture to make it runny it's causing flakes. It's unfortunate because other than that, this mascara works great.  




What's your favorite drugstore mascara?

7 comments:

DOLLFACE BLOG said...

You have such pretty eyelashes!

Dani said...

You already have REALLY long and pretty lashes haha I'm jealous! I really want to try this now although I wont be getting as great results cause I have short lashes lol but I am a fan of the plastic and thin brushes so I doubt I can go wrong if the formula is as great as you described!

Kim Axani said...

Really interesting packaging! I like the leaf top =) You do have nice lashes.

Maryam Maquillage said...

GOSH you have amazing lashes!!! I wish--that's where I got the short end of the stick (literally) being part asian and all hahaha... My favorite drugstore mascara is L'oreal voluminous in carbon black, it gives me tarantula lashes, and I kinda like it :))) thanks for your sweet and thoughtful comment on my bloggy :)) oxoxox

MaviDeniz said...

thaaanks girlies :). Maryam, I have L'oreal's voluminious too, but unfortunatly it doesn't work well for me. It makes my lashes really clumpy and it flakes. I know that one is extreamly popular, but I guess I'm the oddball that it didn't work for haha.

makeup,hauls, and anything under the sun! said...

i wish i had lashes like yours!! :)

( followed your blog )

http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

Jel said...

nice. Thanks for this review.. it helps =)

Also, im having a giveaway on my blog :) you might want to check it out HERE

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...