Thursday, April 14, 2011

Foundation Review

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation ever since I started wearing makeup. While a few have come close to HG status, im still on my quest to find it. Below are some foundations I currently use depending on the season and my skin at that moment.


Maybelline Super Stay: I don't use this on it's own because it's a little too thick and dry for my liking. I think it would look really cakey on dry skin. I have combo skin so I think this would work even better on those with oily skin. It has good staying power and offers medium to full coverage.

Almay Pure blends: This is great for those with dry skin that only need a little coverage. This works well has a tinted moisturizer and really gives you that dewy look. I don't use this on it's own either because I find it too be a little too "wet". I always mix this with another foundation. Usually with my super stay.

Estee Lauder Double Wear: Unfortuanatly I don't have any good things to say about this one. It smells like paint and is really thick. My mom actually purchased this for herself and hated it. I thought I could make it work, but I couldn't really get past the smell plus it made my face feel tight like a mask.

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse: I love this foundation. It might not be the best thing for those with oily skin, but on my combo skin in winter time, it's just right. It blends like a dream and offers light to medium coverage. However, it does rub off easily so you HAVE to set it with some powder. I usually use my MAC prep and Prime poweder to set it. Sometimes I mix this with my super stay if my skin is feeling extra oily.

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse:
Maybelline seriously makes some awesome foundations. I have been impressed with all of them and this one is no different. This is a little heavier than their liquid mousse and offers medium to full coverage. Im not sure it would work that well for dry or mature skin. My mother has dry skin and she said it settled into her lines and made her face look cakey. I don't use the sponge it came with, I find I end up applying too much with it. I prefer to use my Essence of Beauty Blush brush to apply it (I slightly dampen my brush first with fix plus). It blends nicely and has good staying power.

Rimmel 16hr Cool Matte Mousse: I love the feel of this foundation. It really does go on cool and a little goes a long way. Again, this is one of those foundations that I don't think would work as well for dry skin. It's definitely not buildable. Once it's dry, don't even think about going over it again because it will look patchy. Because it's a matte foundation it drys quickly so you will have to work fast with it. It claims to last 16hrs. I can't really say if that's true or not because I don't wear foundation for that long, but it does last at least 8 or 9 hours through my work day without the need to power or blot. I actually love this for the summer time when my skin is extra oily.




Forgot to add this one


MAC Studio Fix Plus: I pretty much only use this for the summer time. It's excellent for oily skina and it's my most favorite powder foundation I've ever tried. It offers great coverage without having to use a whole lot so it makes the price easier to bare. Make sure you use a light hand for this because it will look cakey if you apply too much. They also offer a ton of different colors so your sure to find the one you need. Im NC35 most of the year :)

Overall: If you looking for good drugstore makeup I would give Maybelline a try. What I love is that their foundations offer yellow and olive tones. There are way too many drugstore foundations with too much pink in them (Revlon). So I know I can always find the shade im looking for in maybelline.


Disclaimer: I was not asked nor paid for this review. All comments about the above stated products are all my own honest opinions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...