Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Buys

I wanted to get some cute colorful jewelery to wear with my bathing suits and this "Chanel" stuff was just the ticket. $4.99 for the bracelet and $2.99 for the earrings and braclet set. Also, I've really been making an investment in my health lately by loading up on vitamins. I really like the Vitafusion gummies and take a multi vitamin, omega3 and the vitamin D3 (shown above) in that brand. Since im in the sun a lot more now due to the summer time I figured I would pick up antioxadant formula vitamins as well. All in all Im starting to take about 5 different vitamins a day. A multi, vitD,  folic acid, antioxadant, vitC.

The carrot hair and body oil I bought for tanning. I know what your thinking. I bought all those vitamins to be healthy and then im tanning. Well, I usually never tan and Jason and I just purchased a small pool so I figured I would try to get a little color before our 4th of July weekend w/ friends in Biloxi. So, I purchased this oil because it's pretty much the same ingredients as the carrot tanning oil except this one has much higher amounts of the carrot oil and NO mineral oil. The carrot oil comes in at number 3 on the ingredient list whereas the tanning carrot oil comes in at 8 or 9. Carrot oil is healthy for the skin and is an antioxadant. Read below for more info on carrot oil:


In addition to carotenoids, Carrot Oil contains other powerful antioxidants such as tocopheryl, or vitamin E. Studies have shown that topical application of vitamin E may directly reduce many harmful effects of UVR, enhance skin immunity and help heal a sunburn.

Carrot Oil also acts as a natural tanning enhancer, producing a visibly golden tan in a short amount of time. The natural colour of Carrot Oil is deep gold and will appear so in solutions containing effective concentrations (between 2% to 10%). Either alone or when combined with other tanning enhancers, such as tyrosine or riboflavin, suncare products containing effective concentrations of Carrot Oil provide a noticeably golden, even tan without any unwanted orange colouration.

It must be noted that the beneficial effects of Carrot Oil may be diminished if placed in a mineral oil base. Mineral oil, commonly known as baby oil, is a petroleum derivative that decreases the absorption of and depletes the body's reserves of vitamins, especially vitamin E.8


Do you guys take viatmins? What kind do you take?

10 comments:

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

I like the pink bracelet!
xx
I LIKE IT FAST

Dominique said...

It's great that your still making healthy choices and went for the Carrot Tanning Oil, instead of a normal one. (:
Loving the colourful jewellery!

Tan Safe!
Xoxo
Dom
www.hey-yourbeautiful.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and leave a comment...no this is not a LV Scarf :( ......ist just simple H&M ;)

WitchHazel said...

Love that fuchsia cuff bracelet, very cute!

mirjam schuurkamp said...

i like the pink bracelet 2!:)
loveit!
super nice new buys

New outfit post : think pink.
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Kim Axani said...

Wow, I've never heard of carrot oil for tanning! I've been starting tanning for my wedding, I want a cream that's "healthier" as well.
How long have you been married?
Love your hair for it by the way (followed your link).
I'm 5'7'', so definitely can get away with the lower heel!

MaviDeniz said...

Thanks everyone :)

@Kim, carrot oil is awesome for tanning. It tans you faster than regular oil plus it's also better for your skin. Jason and I made a year on March 20th. Your so lucky your tall! I wish I was taller, I would have definitely worn a shorter heel for my wedding if I was.

kot-itsa said...

what a great find!love them!

fifi said...

this reminds me i need to go out and buy vitamins!! thanks for stopping by my blog please come back and visit! xo

The Beauty and The Business said...

I never new that carrot oil was so good for you! I will definitely be investing in some for next summer for when I'm sitting in the lifeguard chair all day! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...