Friday, June 17, 2011

Cool Mint Lemonade Scrub - Review

I love using a scrub on my legs 1 to 2 times a week. I tend to have pretty dry skin so I find that using a scrub in the shower followed by a moisturizer really helps my skin stay smooth and prevents me from getting those little dry bumps on my legs. 

The consistency of this is very different from any scrub I've ever tried; It was kind of a gel like paste and the smell of this was really strong and smelled exactly like the name implies. The salt grains in this is very fine so on initial application I didn't think it would do a good job at exfoliating. I usually like my scrubs to be really gritty and rough, I just feel like they do a better job that way. However, this scrub still did a good job at smoothing my skin with the finner grains. 

The most interesting thing about this scrub is when you apply it you can definitely feel the fine salt grains but as you rub it in it completely disappears! There wasn't even the slightest bit of graininess on my legs. I was standing out of the water obviously so I know they didn't get rinsed off. The other thing I noticed was the cooling effect, kinda reminded me of bengay. It was tingly and I think if I had just shaved my legs it would have been TOO tingly and would have bothered me. Speaking of which, as you rub this stuff all over your legs, be careful to not get to close to your um......lady parts. I made the mistake of doing that and holy sh*t! It felt like what I would imagine Vicks vapor rub would feel like down there lol. NOT pleasant! It only lasted about 10 minutes or so, but it's something you might want to be aware of. When I got out of the shower my legs felt nice and moisturized and had a bit of a sheen to them. It felt like I didn't need any moisturizer so I skipped it. About 15 minutes later though my legs started to feel dry so I did need to apply lotion.



Overall I liked this scrub. I think it would be excellent for those who prefer a gentler version but still wants to get a good exfoliation out of their scrub. I would repurchase.

Have you guys tried this scrub? Which scrub is your favorite?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol i was sold when I read the name! sounds like a nice product to use!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...