Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Hair, Face & Body Products + Review

So as you guys may know, I recently had a keratin treatment done to my hair. I went to target to pick up a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and grabbed some other things when I was there.



I decided to get the Organix brand shampoo and conditioner after seeing that it was sulfate and sodium free. This stuff smells so good and made my hair really soft and silky. It hardly lathers up, but that's the norm for sulfate free shampoos. However, I think you may end up using a lot of product to feel like it's cleaning your hair.

I also picked up a salt scrub and face sunblock. Now that it's the summer time, I'm always in shorts. I like using a salt scrub to get rid of any shave bumps or dry patches, since I use self tanner quite a bit I like using a scrub before I apply one on and I find it gives the best results.


Cool mint lemonade salt scrub, you can see the little pieces of mint leaves in there.


This smell of this scrub is pretty strong, it's called cool mint lemonade and that is definitely what comes to mind when you smell it. The overall scent is citrusy and reminds me of summer time. The consistancy is very different of any salt scrub I've ever used too. When I first scooped it out it had a gel like consistancy that stayed together in a clump, not runny at all. I kinda liked it. I also noticed that the salt grains were finner as well. A good thing for those with sensitive skin. Over all, I really love this scrub and I plan on using it once or twice a week.

My all time favorite face sunblock is Lancome 'Bienfait Multi-Vital' in SPF 30 and I think I may have found a dupe for it!



 I love it because it's really lightweight and it looks really matte on the skin. But, at $45 for 1.7 oz it's really pricey so I was looking for something that might give me similar results for less. I love Neutrogena products so I thought I would try their dry touch sunblock.


Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunblock in SPF 45




Right out of the tube it felt really lightweight, not goopy and not too thin.





As you can see, once it's blended in you can't even tell where it was. It just sinks into your skin and doesn't leave behind any shine and it doesn't feel oily. I wore it to a pool party Sunday and I was outdoors in the hot sun for about 6 hours and my face didn't look like a big greaseball, yay!  These were the exact same results my Lancome would give me, but for a fraction of the price. If your looking for a face sunblock I would definitely give this a try.


Have you guys tried any of these products before?

5 comments:

Vania said...

Nice post! i have the Organix Moroccan Argan oil Shampoo and conditioner and its also really good! Its Sulfate free too! I wanna try the brazilian one though, but i havent found it yet, let me kno how that works out for you! :)

Dani said...

that scrub seems interesting! haha mint lemonade reminds me of mojitos. you should definitely do a review on this after you use it a few times!

<3dani
danigrimaldo.blogspot.com

Maryam Maquillage said...

that salt scrub looks soo rich and luxurious... i bet it feels amazing!!!

Love, Victoria said...

the scrub sounds and looks SO good!!!

Nicole - Top To Toe said...

That scrub sounds nice :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...