Friday, June 3, 2011

Hair Trendz

As you girls might have noticed, feather extensions seem to be quite popular right now. At first I didn't like the look at all, I felt like it looked like someone rolled around in a barn and got feathers stuck in their hair lol. Well now I'm kind of digging the trend if it's done the right way.




But my favorite hair trend has to be the tinsel strands (also known as hair bling and sparkle strands). These actually came out a while ago and if you've seen the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills you may have noticed one of the women on there (forgot her name) had the golden tinsel mixed in with her blond hair. I thought it looked awesome. I actually don't remember seeing anyone out with tinsel hair stands like I've been seeing with the feathers, but the tinsel is definitely my favorite look of the two. I think it's time to bring it back ;) 



This one below is my fav! She has the super sparkle kind which has a hologram effect
This is the plain sparkle, not really impressed w/ this one.


I think the tinsel looks especially gorgeous in the sun. Since my hair is dark brown I would want to get a color that blends in a little. Maybe something like a coppery gold. I like how these are also much easier to apply than the feathers. These can be glued or tied into the hair and can be heated up to 350 degrees, Whereas the feather extensions need to be threaded and then clamped in using a micro link.  They can however be blowdryed and styled as usual. The cost of feather extensions can be pricey and vary greatly depending on if your just purchasing a strand, a clump of about 5, a bag, or if they include the micro links or not. The tinsel strands I've seen on ebay for about $5.44 with free shipping for 120 strands. So even if you end up hating them you didn't waste much money.


Have any of you tried any of these trends? Which one do you like best?

9 comments:

Maryam Maquillage said...

super cute! I would do it for a funky night out :)))

Catalina said...

I'm getting some feathers soon can't wait!!

You can wash it, straighten, and curl!

Their great for summer<3

Agnes Beauty Corner said...

@ MaviDeniz: Yeah that's exactly what I thought right before I bought these products! Do you have any other makeup-brushes from MAC??

The hair-styles are all super-cool on those photos!!

www.agnesbeautycorner.blogspot.com

Gaby Fauchon said...

I'm OK with feather earrings, but feather extensions, no way ahah!

Wida said...

As much as I like and don't like the feather trend, I read an article saying how women use real feathers in their hair and how the chicken is just bred to make those feathers, and after their feathers get plucked, they get euthanized right after! I encourage everyone to get fake feathers. It's so sad :(

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Dominique said...

Oh tinsel! That would be cute.
If I was to get them I'f most likely get a colour that is not notciable, unless it catches in the light or something.
Subtle.

You should try them out. Would love to see them on you!
xoxo,
Dom
www.mickey-mi.blogspot.com

MaviDeniz said...

Wida I had no idea about that. That's really horrible :(

Dominique, I ordered a pack of the gold tinsel from ebay. It should come in within 15-20 business days so I will update once I get them :)

mirjam schuurkamp said...

i diddnt tried it!
but i like the first one!

but my hair is fake already hahaha:P

NEW OUTFIT POST
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the tinsel look! It's really cute though! I might be hitting up e-bay! Thanks for this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...