Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Paul Mitchell - The Miracle Worker

I have SUPER thick coarse and curly hair. So coarse that hair stylists couldn't even get my hair straight. For years I used to use the CHI flat iron thinking it was the best it was ever going to get for me. Then one day I went to a hair stylist that used a Paul Mitchell flat iron on me. At first I was thinking it was more the blow dryer she used than anything that gave me those awesome results because she managed to get my hair pretty straight just by blow drying. Which I've never seen happen before. Well to make a long story short, my friend got a Paul Mitchell and raved about it and basically said it would change my life lol.

Here's the PM iron in all it's glory lol. I keep the heat set to 380 degrees but it goes up to 400. I know it seems like a bit much, but my hair needs all that heat.


So you guys can get an idea of how thick and curly my hair is, here is a picture of it when I let it air dry with gel, mousse and hairspray




This is what it looks like when I just flip my head over and blowdry with a flat vent brush (scary, I know)

When I straighten my hair I have to brush the curl out, so needless to say its a poofy mess. 



That picture doesn't do the actual results any justice so here's a better picture.


And here's an after pic


The only products I put in my hair are these two things. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum (only a pump and a half) and the Tresemme heat protectant



If anyone has hair like me; thick and hard to manage, but wants silky straight locks then you HAVE to get this. I've never been so impressed by a product like I was with this one. This iron retails for about $200 but I purchased mine on ebay brand new for $115. A total steal, but I would have gladly payed more for this.



Now Im ready to get my dance on with my silky straight hair lol


What flat iron do you guys use?













9 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like it does its job well!:)
Does Tresemme heat protectant feel sticky or oily on the hair?

Anonymous said...

DAAAMN that straightener can do wonders! You look great also. =]

Thanks for following and leaving so many sweet comments. Totally made me happy =] New follower!

MaviDeniz said...

Nickie, It's not sticky at all. I section my hair into 2 parts (wet) and spray each section twice and comb it through.

L.B.G, I'll check you out :)

Chaotic Cookie, Thanks. Loved your blog as well.

helen turnbull said...

wow what an amazing result. your hair is super lush.

Helen, X
areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

Maryam Maquillage said...

wow what a hair transformation! Love it! You're beautiful :)))

http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com

MaviDeniz said...

Thank You :)

25FLNDN said...

I really like your hair straight, but I love your naturally curly hair! Mine was probably going in that direction when I was younger, but suddenly in my teens it turned into waves. Disappointing!

MaviDeniz said...

25LONDON, funny thing is I use to have straight hair and then I hit puberty and it got really curly lol. I still get more compliments on my hair when it's curly than when it's straight, but ever since I got the Paul Mitchell iron I haven't worn it curly.

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

We want what we can't have...I would die (not really) for your curly hair, & I have super straight hair, that can't even hold a damn curl.
:o(

Love the last photo.

xo $ARMIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...