Monday, July 1, 2013

Review - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

I have been using this highlighter non-stop since I got it 2 weeks ago. I really love using a highlighter for the night, but I always stuck to golden shades like MAC's Golden Bronze or Elf's Golden (great dupe for MAC's Golden Bronze by the way!). 
I went to MAC with 3 different highlighter's in mind, but just my luck they only had the MSF in Lightscapade  in stock. It actually worked out though because I love it!! I wanted a highlighter I could wear during the day and at work and this one is perfect. 
It's not glittery or even shimmery, I would best describe it as a natural sheen. It's super finely milled and doesn't have a single speck of glittery or chunkiness to it, if that makes sense. It looks completely natural on and just gives you a nice glow and really shows off your cheekbones nicely. I don't find that it makes your pores look larger either like how some highlighters can do.
I heavily swatched it here and then rubbed it on my wrist once without blending so you could actually see it. When I apply it to my face, I just lightly blend it on the top of my cheekbones and then slightly blend it down just a tiny bit and then apply blush. I like applying the highlighter first because when I go to apply the blush it gives it a sort of gradient effect and the top part of the blush will a have a bit of shimmer to it due to the highlighter and then it gets more matte on the lower part of my cheek. Did I explain that too much? lol it probably sounds weird now haha, but hopefully you know what I mean. 
So this is hands down my favorite daytime highlighter and I would buy it again and again, but I don't think I'll run out anytime soon. I really think it would work well on any skintone too, so if your looking for a highlighter definitely give this one a try.


What's your favorite highlighter, have you tried this one?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it girl and it's my absolutely favorite MAC product to use.

<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...