Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is right around the corner and every year I find myself trying to come up w/ creative gift ideas for the husband. I always tell myself that I'm going to put together a gift basket w/ the things he loves, like an action movie, cheese, beer, a hat...just random stuff. Then the thought of having to actually go look for the stuff sinks in and I end up getting him the same thing... a G.C to Home Depot.

Some might say that G.C are too informal, but hey, I'm fine with getting a G.C for any occasion so he should be too. This year I decided not to do the G.C thing and got him something that I know he's been wanting for a while. It's nothing fancy, but it's something I know he'll like. I would just say what it is, but he reads my blog sometimes. :P



For Valentine's day this year year I've been dropping major hints as to what I want and it's NOT a G.C so hopefully he delivers on it. I guess we will see. 

For those of you who are single, what are your thoughts on this holiday? Personally, I think it's just a greeting card ploy. When I was single I could care less about Valentines Day, that is until the love of my life ex b/f broke up with me less than a week before V-day. Omg, now that I'm thinking of it. Today, the 8th is the exact day he broke up with me about 7 years ago. That's kind of weird that I remember the date after all this time lol. 


So girls, singles and attached; what are your plans for V-day?

6 comments:

Kim Axani said...

Aww, that's too bad about your ex but you moved on to better things!
I like Valentines Day, but I don't get too caught up in it. I just like posting about it. I love going out for a nice dinner and drinking pink champagne :)

james said...

thats a great idea, a gift basket :) and gif cards are awesome! i hope your hubby gets you what you want, babe! cant wait to see what it is :) hope you are well sweetie!

x jamie

Anonymous said...

i boycott vday. i just chalk it up to the fact them im too poor to afford a gift for the boyfriend. he doesnt mind. i just hope he doesnt boycott too :)

Bonnie said...

I am super excited to see what Mr. A is getting me for Valentine's Day. I am not a huge fan of the holiday, but I do like getting presents.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Maryam Maquillage said...

my bf and I rarely celebrate V-day, as our anniversary is only a month before and we usually celebrate big then. this year, we both have been traveling a lot, so I'm eager to do something nice and simple... maybe a baking class together (he loves to cook) or a trip to a vineyard (we both love wine)... I don't know... I wish I lived somewhere warm so I had more choices :))

Ally said...

I am loving your blog!! :) You give such fabulous make-up ideas and, you're such a down-to-earth gal with honestly great posts, like this one!

When I was single getting through V-day was tough even though I wish I didn't care... now I get so giddy excited to see what my bf has planned! hehe :) But seriously, it's becoming such an over-kill in all the stores with all the ways they try n get your money for everyday holiday and event.. So commercialized nowadays!

xoxo, Ally
pinsandroses.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...