Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review ~ Covergirl+Olay CC Tone Rehab Foundation

I decided to jump on the CC and BB cream bandwagon and try out one of the foundations. I'm actually not a Covergirl or Olay fan, but I'd heard some good things about their CC tone rehab foundation and thought I would give it a shot since I prefer to go more natural with my foundation in the summer time. In short, this foundation is perfection! 
 I've always had to mix my foundations to get the color just right but shade 142 matches my NC35 skin tone perfectly and I love the finish. I would describe it as a satin finish and I set it with Laura Mercier translucent setting powder (my HG). 
 Here's what Covergirl says about it:
Foundation instantly evens your skin tone , reducing the look of discolorations, fine lines and wrinkles while the serum hydrates skin over time. 
For this photo I used less than one pump. I would describe the coverage as medium and it does an excellent job at covering up redness which is my main skin issue. I also find that it lasts a good 6-8 hours and looks better over time as the skin's natural oils help make it look more like, "your skin but better". From what I understand a CC cream offers more coverage than a BB cream. If your someone with minimal skin issues such as discoloration, I would definitely give this a try. It's my favorite foundation and I love that I don't have to mix it to get the color right. For reference my skin type is combination, my mom has dry skin and uses this too and it looks amazing on her. Although on her, it works best when she mixes it with a pea sized amount of  face cream and does not set it with powder.

Has anyone tried this? What's your favorite foundation?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Are you an NC35 with the mac fluid fix or some other foundation? Is the cover girl one more red or yellow. It's hard to tell in the photo. I'm more yellow / neutral and find that most drug store make up make me look either grey because it's too beige or dull and dark because it's too red. Which direction is this one towards? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...